Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year!

Dear Family and Friends,
Happy New Year!! I really cant believe that 2015 is already here... crazy.
Pretty good week tho, very busy!
Sorry not a whole lot to write about this week, but here is the main stuff!
This week we have been meeting with a TON of recent converts.  Right now in Mautuma, there have been 37 baptisms in the past 4 months... its crazy.  So we are working with the other elders, Osimbo and Tebbs, to teach the after baptism lessons and make sure these people remain active and nourished by the good word of God!  One cool recent convert that is here is named Francis.  Right before I left Kitale and got transferred to Upper Hill, I went to Mautuma on exchanges (so this was like 5 months ago).  While there, we taught Francis for the first time and had a great lesson with him, I just remember that he was super powerful and just really one who had been prepared by the Lord.  Now that I'm back in Mautuma, I've come to see that he has been baptized and confirmed and is a great member of the Branch.  I was surprised that he remembered me so well, he was really excited to see me.  He is a way cool guy. 
Another way cool person is this lady named Paris Kabas(wife to first counselor of branch). When i was here a year ago, Elder Griffiths and I tried to teach her, but she was not interested at all... she did not even like to see us... haha.  But over time, her heart was softened and she was eventually baptized (even when i was in Kitale, I was able to do her bapt interview which was cool).  Now we are finishing up her after bapt lessons, and she is also now the relief society president of the branch! She has only been a member for 6 months, but she is powerful!  There are lots of great members here in Mautuma. 
Wednesday we enjoyed New Years eve by lighting up steel wool and lighting it on fire and swinging it around.  I saw it done once in Nairobi and was amazed when i saw it, and elder Musasia also said it was really cool.  So we did, and it was!! Haha sparks were everywhere hahh it was way cool and fairly safe.  fun fun yaaaa for 2015! pics attached!
We also got fed a ton this week... people here love missionaries!
Mosquitoes destroyed me this week. Yeah.

But that's it for this week! Love you all have a good week!

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment